Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Cherie cover versions?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Moon.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2006
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just out of curiosity, would love to know what songs everyone would most like to hear Cherie cover? Theres a thought for an album in the future... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Shades Of Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2006
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd much rather hear originals but since you asked...

    1.) Home Sweet Home - Motley Crue
    2.) These Were Made for Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra
    3.) Only The Only - Roy Orbison
    4.) I Wanna Be Your Dog - The Stooges
    5.) The Long and Winding Road - The Beatles
    6.) Hurt - Nine Inch Nails
    7.) Tainted Love - Soft Cell
    8.) Don't You Want Me? - The Human League
    9.) Melt with you - Modern English
    10.) There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
    11.) Her Black Wings - Danzig
    12.) Fade into You - Mazzy Starr
    13.) Strutter - Kiss
    14.) Riders on the Storm - The Doors
    15.) Knights in White Satin - The Moody Blues
    16.) Good Morning Starshine - Hair Soundtrack
    17.) Changes - Black Sabbath
    18.) Ashes to Ashes - David Bowie
    19.) ????? - Queen (not sure...hmm)
    20.) Torture - Berlin
    21.) White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
    22.) I would for you - Jane's Addiction


    I really never gave this much thought until now so all this is off the top of my head. I could really go on forever because i wouldn't mind hearing Cherie attempt to sing anything. Her voice is just amazing.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Shades Of Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2006
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    here how about a couple more ...

    Rusty Cage - Soundgarden
    Sea of Sorrow - Alice in Chains
    Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana
    Creep - Stone Temple Pilots

    I felt the grunge era should be represented for some reason obviously [img]confused.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Shades Of Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2006
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Shades of Gray:

    2.) These Were Made for Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ERG...Boots*

  5. #5
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Originally posted by Pauline.:
    Theres a thought for an album in the future... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How intriguing!!! [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    I love all the cover versions Cherie has done already but here are some others I'd love to hear her sing!

    Who Knew - Pink
    Bright Side - Deborah Harry
    I'm Looking Through You - The Beatles
    Now It's My Turn - Berlin
    I Drove All Night - Cyndi Lauper
    Planet Claire - The B-52's
    Sunny Afternoon - The Kinks
    Without You - Harry Nilsson
    What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

    It would be FANtastic if an album of cover versions were to happen!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #6
    Inactive Member GlamUK73's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Originally posted by Pauline.:
    Just out of curiosity, would love to know what songs everyone would most like to hear Cherie cover? Theres a thought for an album in the future... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi Everyone

    How about:

    - Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush
    - Hello It's Me by Todd Rundgren
    - You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker
    - Mississipi Delta by Bobbie Gentry
    - Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry
    - Elected by Alice Cooper
    - Sunday Morning by Velvet Underground
    - Lotta Love by Nicolette Larson
    - Spooky by Classic IV
    - Look Back In Anger by David Bowie

    Bobbie Gentry's songs I am positive she would do both of them really, really good......Kate Bush was just an experiment...why not ? ;-)


    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Cheers

    Lory
    xx

  7. #7
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Now that is an eclectic mix Lory! Good choices! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Especially Lotta Love by Nicolette Larson. She was one of Cherie's best friends and it would be wonderful if Cherie were to cover that song!

    It is very sad that Nicolette passed away and at such a young age.

    The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of an album full of covers by Cherie!

    An album of previously unreleased originals would be awesome too!

    Howzabout A TASTE OF CHERIE 2 with all the released stuff brung together on one CD!!!

    Not to be greedy, but all of the above would fit nicely into my Cherie Currie Collection, 4 sure!

    More later,
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #8
    Inactive Member GlamUK73's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by home girl:
    My god gus i had no idea nicolette passed as a
    child i loved her music.that is so sad.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi HomeGirl

    Yes, unfortunately she passed away at 40 or 41, I think in early 90s....Lotta Love was a beautiful song, Nicolette had a tremendous, brilliant voice.....

    I did not know Cherie and Nicolette were friends!
    ;-)

  9. #9
    Inactive Member GlamUK73's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gus danger:
    Now that is an eclectic mix Lory! Good choices! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Especially Lotta Love by Nicolette Larson. She was one of Cherie's best friends and it would be wonderful if Cherie were to cover that song!

    It is very sad that Nicolette passed away and at such a young age.

    The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of an album full of covers by Cherie!

    An album of previously unreleased originals would be awesome too!

    Howzabout A TASTE OF CHERIE 2 with all the released stuff brung together on one CD!!!

    Not to be greedy, but all of the above would fit nicely into my Cherie Currie Collection, 4 sure!

    More later,
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi Gus

    Thank you dear!

    I did not know Nicolette was friend of hers!!

    If Cherie were to pass by and reading this I would feel...oh gosh, under the moon...no....over the moon is better, innit mate? :-))

    Best wishes

    Lory
    xx

  10. #10
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    I just wish they could release the cover Jake and Cherie did " Man in the box " Originally done by ALICE IN CHAINS the song ROCKS...

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic